2004

December 6, 2004
Underground Sampling Returns Consistently High Grade Silver Vein Mineralization in North Porvenir Zone, Santa Cruz Mine, Mexico

Endeavour Silver Corp. (EDR : TSX-V) announces that consistently high grade silver vein mineralization has been outlined by underground sampling in the North Porvenir zone of the Santa Cruz mine in Durango, Mexico.

Two sill levels 2308 and 2310, (horizontal tunnels driven along the mineralized vein in preparation for production) returned an average 689 gpt silver (20.1 opt) and 1.30 gpt gold (0.04 opt) over an average 2.97 m (9.7 ft) horizontal width along a 190 m (459 ft) strike length, still open to the northwest (see attached assay table).

This work is part of Endeavour's Phase 1, US $1.1 million exploration program of 14 surface diamond drill holes and 600 m of underground development to establish an initial resource at, and early cashflow from, the newly discovered North Porvenir mineralized zone. The Company plans to complete this first phase of exploration and development work by January 28, 2005, at which time Endeavour can acquire a 51% interest in the high grade Santa Cruz mine and the 1400 tpd Guanacevi process plant by paying US $2 million. Endeavour holds an option to acquire the remaining 49% of the mine and plant by paying a further US $4 million by January 28, 2008. 

Godfrey Walton, M.Sc, P.Geo., is the Qualified Person supervising the Phase 1 surface drilling and underground sampling programs on the Santa Cruz property. He has instituted a Quality Control sampling program of blanks and duplicates to monitor the integrity of all assay results. All drill core is split by Endeavour personnel at the Guanacevi camp and then sent to the ALS Chemex lab in Hermosillo. Core samples are dried, crushed and split and a 30 gram sub sample is taken for analysis. Gold and silver are determined by fire assay with an atomic absorption (AA) finish. 

Samples are also being sent to the mill laboratory at the Guanacevi plant for a faster turn around of assay results. The silver results from the Guanacevi lab average 1% lower than the Chemex results but the gold results average 50% higher from Chemex. The silver values represent an excellent correlation and demonstrate that the silver results from the Guanacevi lab can be relied upon, whereas the Chemex gold values are more reliable. The majority of the economic value of the vein is in silver. 

True vein widths are estimated to be approximately 70 to 80 percent of the reported horizontal widths. A 60:1 ratio of silver to gold was used to calculate the silver equivalents.

Endeavour Silver Corp. (EDR : TSX-V) is a small-cap exploration and mining company focused on aggressively expanding its portfolio of high grade silver-gold properties, reserves and production in Mexico. Canarc Resource Corp. holds a minority shareholding in the Company.

On Behalf of the Board of Directors,
ENDEAVOUR SILVER CORP.

/s/ "Bradford J. Cooke"
Bradford J. Cooke
President and CEO

"WARNING: The company relies on litigation protection for forward-looking statements. The TSX Venture Exchange does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this News Release."
 

Santa Cruz Mine-North Porvenir Zone
Five Meter Spaced Channel Sample on Production Sill Levels
Sill 2308
(From SE to NW)
Location Width (m) (feet) Silver (gpt) (opt) Gold (gpt) (opt) Ag Eq. (gpt) (opt)
SE 4.6 15.1 653 19.1 1.10 0.03 719 21.0
  2.6 8.5 407 11.9 1.08 0.03 472 13.8
  3.0 9.8 559 16.3 1.25 0.04 634 18.5
  3.5 11.5 363 10.6 0.61 0.02 400 11.7
  3.5 11.5 1312 38.3 1.73 0.05 1416 41.3
  2.4 7.9 985 28.8 2.64 0.08 1143 33.4
  2.6 8.5 798 23.3 1.66 0.05 898 26.2
  3.5 11.5 736 21.5 1.49 0.04 825 24.1
  2.9 9.5 391 11.4 0.68 0.02 432 12.6
  2.4 7.9 466 13.6 0.91 0.03 521 15.2
  3.3 10.8 997 29.1 1.38 0.04 1080 31.5
  2.4 7.9 838 24.5 1.49 0.04 927 27.1
  3.2 10.5 550 16.1 0.93 0.03 606 17.7
NW 3.4 11.2 802 23.4 1.44 0.04 888 25.9
Average 3.09 10.1 708 20..6 1.29 0.04 785 22.9
 
Sill 2310
(From SE to NW)
                 
Location Width (m) (feet) Silver (gpt) (opt) Gold (gpt) (opt) Ag Eq. (gpt) (opt)
SE 1.6 5.2 348 10.2 0.95 0.03 405 11.8
  2.2 7.2 447 13.1 0.73 0.02 491 14.3
  2.3 7.5 294 8.6 0.83 0.02 344 10.0
  4.2 13.8 380 11.1 0.97 0.03 438 12.8
  4.3 14.1 380 11.1 1.04 0.03 442 12.9
  2.7 8.9 682 19.9 1.50 0.04 772 22.5
  2.8 9.2 801 23.4 1.28 0.04 878 25.6
  2.4 7.9 1485 43.4 1.55 0.05 1578 46.1
  3.9 12.8 874 25.5 2.13 0.06 1002 29.3
  4.0 13.1 773 22.6 1.70 0.05 875 25.6
  2.2 7.2 727 21.2 1.44 0.04 813 23.7
  3.2 10.5 555 16.2 1.24 0.04 629 18.4
  1.4 4.6 406 11.9 0.75 0.02 451 13.2
NW 2.9 9.5 1139 33.3 1.54 0.04 1231 35.9
Average 2.85 9.4 669 19.5 1.31 0.04 748 22.0